Keyport, New Jersey
100% full Not resolved
1.8

I bought two brass Cremone Bolts for over $100 each. The design was defective, they broke less than two weeks after installation. Instead of having a 1/4" x 1/4" spindle connecting the handle to the mechanism, they have two #6 screws, which promptly sheared off. Design for these products has been standardized hundreds of years ago. These are anything but "Retro" as described by Van Dykes. Van Dykes refused to replace them, despite multiple emails. They don't even respond past the first denial.

We installed them for a client over 700 miles from our shop, and are now stuck with buying new ones, and making a huge trip to replace them. The company stinks, don't buy anything from them that has a moving part, they design, manufacture, and sell garbage and don't care. Van ***'s Restorers is not a company that can be trusted.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Vig is quite happy with hardware made of brass and stated that there is a room for improvement of defective design and refusal to honor warranty. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "poor customer service, bad quality, warranty issue, defective, not as described" of van dykes restorers retro cremone bolt and associated monetary loss in the amount of $2000. Van Dykes Restorers needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned van dykes restorers retro cremone bolt in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Van Dykes Restorers.

Had an Experience with Van Dykes Restorers?

Comments